Hibachi Pork Ribs With Pineapple Salsa
- 250ml fresh pineapple juice
- 1.3 kg pork rib rack, cut into 6 points
- 2 dried chipotle chillies
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tbsp salt
- Pineapple Salsa:
- 4 x 1cm pineapple slices
- 2 x 1cm eggplant slices
- 1 dried chipotle chilli
- 1 tbsp rock salt
Sticky Pineapple Glaze:
- 2 tsp rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Reserved cooking liquid from Pork Ribs
- 200ml fresh pineapple juice
- 100g salted butter
- Preheat a hibachi grill, charcoal BBQ or griddle pan.
- For the Pork Ribs, place pineapple juice, rib racks chillies, rosemary, salt and 250ml water in a pressure cooker. Seal pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. Release pressure and remove ribs, reserving cooking liquid for Sticky Pineapple Glaze.
- Place ribs onto hibachi grill, meat side down, and cook until caramelised and slightly charred. Turn ribs over and cook until golden and charred. Remove from grill and cut between bones into single ribs and set aside until needed.
- For the Pineapple Salsa, place eggplant onto a wire rack placed over a baking tray and sprinkle with salt on both sides. Allow to stand for 10 minutes then wipe away liquid and salt with paper towel.
- Place eggplant and 2 of the pineapple slices onto the hibachi grill and cook until tender and slightly charred, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from grill.
- Cut grilled eggplant and pineapple slices and remaining 2 fresh pineapple slices into ½ cm cubes and place into a small mixing bowl. Add rosemary leaves and stir to combine.
- Break chipotle chillies and place into a spice grinder and grind to a fine powder. Add rock salt and grind until combined and salt is coarsely ground. Add ½ tsp to the eggplant and pineapple, stirring to combine, and reserve remaining for serving.
- For the Sticky Pineapple Glaze, strain cooking liquid from the Pork Ribs and place in a large frypan. Add 100ml pineapple juice and set over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add ribs and toss until well coated. Remove ribs and set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- Add remaining 100ml pineapple juice and butter to the frypan and continue to reduce, stirring, until thick and orange caramel in colour. Remove from heat, transfer to a small, serving bowl and set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- To serve, arrange Pork Ribs on a large serving plate and sprinkle with chipotle salt, to taste. Serve with Pineapple Salsa and Sticky Pineapple Glaze.