Seared Coral Trout With Carrot And Ginger Puree With Parsley Vinaigrette
- 1 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- Parsnip Chips:
- 1 large parsnip, peeled
- sea salt
Carrot and Ginger Puree:
- 100g salted butter
- 30g ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 475g carrots, peeled and diced
- 185ml fresh carrot juice
- sea salt
- 16 walnuts, shelled
- 20g ginger, finely grated
- 4 150g coral trout fillets
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- For the Parsley Vinaigrette, place all ingredients, except olive oil, into a small mixing bowl and use a stick blender to combine. Slowly incorporate the oil in a thin stream while blending continuously until smooth and emulsified. Transfer to a small serving bowl, cover and set aside in fridge, until serving.
- For the Parsnip Chips, heat a medium saucepan with vegetable oil to 170C.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel parsnip into fine slices. Deep fry slices, in batches, until lightly golden and crisp. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Season with salt and set aside until serving.
- For the Carrot and Ginger Puree, place a small saucepan over medium heat and add 50g butter. When butter is foaming, add ginger and cook until soft about 2-3 minutes. Add chopped carrots and cook for 5 minutes. Add 100ml carrot juice, bring to a simmer and cook until the carrots are soft, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer carrots and cooking liquid to the canister of a stick blender, add remaining 85ml carrot juice and 50g butter and blend until a smooth, soft puree. Pass through a fine mesh sieve into a medium bowl. Season with salt and set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- For the Coral Trout, place walnuts, ginger and a pinch of salt into a small food processor and blend to a fine crumb.
- Dry fish with paper towel and season with salt. Place walnut crumb on to the flesh side of the fillets and press firmly.
- Place oil in a large, ovenproof frypan and set over low-medium heat. Place fish into the frypan, skin side down and cook gently for 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and place into preheated oven until fish is just cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside, keeping warm, until serving.
- To serve, spread some Carrot and Ginger Puree across each serving plate. Add a piece of Coral Trout, crumb side up. Add Parsnip Chips and drizzle plates with Parsley Vinaigrette.