PRAWN STUFFED JALAPENOS WITH SMOKED CHILLI SALT AND LIME AND CHILLI MAYONNAISE
Prawn Stuffed Jalapenos:
- 12 large Jalapenos
- 12 large prawns
- 1 bunch parsley, leaves picked
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- juice of 2 limes
- olive oil, for roasting
Lime and Chilli Mayonnaise:
- 2 egg yolks
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- zest of 1 lime
- Deep Fried Prawn Heads:
- reserved prawn heads
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp salt
Smoked Chilli Salt:
- 1 chipotle chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 dried red chilli, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pink Himalayan salt
- lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 180C. Preheat deep fryer to 190C.
- For the Prawn Stuffed Jalapenos, cut the tops off the jalapenos and use a small knife or teaspoon to remove the seeds and hollow out. Remove the heads and shells from the prawns and set the heads aside for later use.
- Place the prawn flesh, parsley, garlic, salt and lime juice into a food processor and blitz until coarsely chopped. Spoon the prawn mixture into the jalapenos until full. Drizzle oil over the chillies and season with salt. Place stuffed chillies onto a paper lined baking tray and bake in the oven until just cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- For the Lime and Chilli Mayonnaise, place the egg yolks, lime juice, mustard and salt into a tall stick blender canister and blitz to combine. Gradually add the oil, whilst blending, until emulsified and thickened. Stir in the finely chopped chilli and half of the lime zest. Transfer to a serving jug and finish with a sprinkle with the remaining lime zest.
- For the Deep Fried Prawn Heads, toss the heads in a bowl with rice flour and salt until lightly coated. Add prawn heads to the fryer until golden and crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- For the Chilli Salt, place chillies and salt into a mortar and pestle and pound to a coarse powder. Use a small sieve to dust the Deep Fried Prawn Heads with the chilli salt.
- To serve, arrange the Prawn Stuffed Jalapenos on one side of the serving board. Arrange the Deep Fried Prawn Heads on the other side of the board. Add the jug of Lime and Chilli Mayonnaise. Serve with lime wedges and extra Chilli Salt on the side.