HALLOUMI AND SMASHED PEAS
1½ tsp sumac
100ml Greek yoghurt
Juice of ½ lemon
Small handful of mint, chopped
150g Birds Eye frozen Australian-grown garden peas
30g unsalted butter
1 large bunch of watercress
½ bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
1 tbsp vegetable oil
120g halloumi, thickly sliced
Fresh pita or Lebanese bread
1. Make a dressing by combining the sumac, yoghurt, lemon juice, mint and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Blanch the peas in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain and crush with potato masher then stir through butter and spring onions.
3. Heat a griddle pan over high heat and add the halloumi. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden and marked.
4. To serve, spoon about 2 tbsp of crushed peas onto centre of plate. Place halloumi in a stack on top of the peas place a handful of watercress salad on top.
5. Drizzle over the yoghurt dressing and serve with toasted pita bread.